Online References: Successful Models for Minority Recruitment to Clinical Trials
- Schapira, L. and R. Schutt, Training Community Health Workers About Cancer Clinical Trials. Journal of Immigrant and Minority Health, 2010: p. 1-8.
- Steinberg, M.L., et al., Lay patient navigator program implementation for equal access to cancer care and clinical trials. Cancer, 2006. 107(11): p. 2669-2677.
- Ford, M.E., et al., Enhancing Adherence Among Older African American Men Enrolled in a Longitudinal Cancer Screening Trial. The Gerontologist, 2006. 46(4): p. 545-550.
- Robinson, J.M. and W.M. Trochim, An examination of community members’, researchers’ and health professionals’ perceptions of barriers to minority participation in medical research: an application of concept mapping. Ethn Health, 2007. 12(5): p. 521-39.
Clinical Trials Shared Resource
Wujcik D and Wolff S. J Health Care Poor Underserved. 2010 February ; 21(1 Suppl): 38–50I
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
A systematic review for priority population strategies for enrollment
- Center to Reduce Cancer Health Disparities- Patient Navigation
Overview of Patient Navigation
- UAB Recruitment and Retention Shared Facility
Home page for UAB RRSF
- Jean Ford’s Model for Minority Recruitment
Detailed Description of Ford Model
Ford, J. G., M. W. Howerton, G. Y. Lai, T. L. Gary, S. Bolen, M. C. Gibbons, J. Tilburt, C. Baffi, T. P. Tanpitukpongse, R. F. Wilson, N. R. Powe, and E. B. Bass. 2008. Barriers to recruiting underrepresented populations to cancer clinical trials: A systematic review. Cancer 112:228-42.
- NCI-Community Clinical Oncology Program
Overview of CCOP’s- recruitment strategies and resources for investigators